Monday, May 24, 2010

After graduation I wanna take a break to travel and help those less fortunate, where do I look for programs?

After graduating from college this spring, I want to take a year off to help the less fortunate by traveling to third world countries. Are there any programs out there that would help me to do that? I know the Peace Corps requires at least 2 years of service..is there any program that requires less then that time since I only have a year off?

After graduation I wanna take a break to travel and help those less fortunate, where do I look for programs?
Try idealist.com; they are a database for internships and I think they have listings for other countries. I am looking for service work as well.
Reply:You should actually be able to get some information on this from your college's career center. You might also look into City Year and its parent organization, AmeriCorps, which are great sources for volunteering opportunities, although I think those mostly focus on domestic programs.


No comments:

Post a Comment