Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm a Web-designer, I want to get into programming - specifically mobile applications, where do I start?

I know basic HTML, javascripting. Nothing more. Which is the best way to start off in developing mobile applications on Google Android? Also, what do I need to know to program for Google OpenSocial? Is there something more to J2ME and Google Android when you talk about Mobile Programming?

I'm a Web-designer, I want to get into programming - specifically mobile applications, where do I start?
I'd say the place to start is non-mobile applications. :)





It's almost like saying, "I want to program for national security software, where do I start?" Most mobile phone apps and games are java applets, so I guess the place to begin would be Java. Get yourself a beginner's Java book and start practicing. Once you get very familar, you can optimize your work well enough that it will run well and leave a small footprint for a mobile device.


No comments:

Post a Comment