Monday, May 24, 2010

Are there any programs that would help my home become handicap accessible?

I am a recent amputee and live in Hyattsville, MD. I have a handicap ramp that is falling apart and can't get in and out of my front door without help (I'm in a wheelchair and can't make it over the step); I would like to become more independent.

Are there any programs that would help my home become handicap accessible?
Start with the web and check with the Americans with Disabilites. Depending on the reason behind your amputation (War Vet, car accident) may depend on the type of assitance you maybe able to find.





I wish I could be of more help.





Good luck and God Bless you.
Reply:If it is a rental then the landlord must provide proper handicap access to the apartment. Otherwise call the local health dept. to get some ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment