Friday, May 21, 2010

Can you help me find a way to pay for the methadone program?

I am a single mom who's only income is $80 a week child support. The methadone program in my state is $91 a week. I need to be on the program in order to be able to work and function, but I cannot work for the first 30 to 90 days because I have to go to the clinic everyday until I earn the right to bring medication home. The closest clinic is an 80 mile round trip. There is no way I could make it to a job on time with those clinic hours. I understand there are night time jobs, but I don't want to do that to my 2 yr old. She has an excellent schedule that works very well for her. I don't want to interrupt that now. A schedule is just too important for her. Any ideas on how to get help paying for the program?

Can you help me find a way to pay for the methadone program?
Hmmm. Surely there must be a way to get this type of treatment for free... I wonder why any government program would make someone pay if the price exceeded their income. Have you seen a case worker or social worker at your local mental health office? I think that may be a good place to start. I know that a friend of mine here in Texas doesn't pay because she is a student and has no income. I wish you luck and I wish I had a better answer. What state do you live in? Maybe I could dig up some info.
Reply:Talk to you county health and human welfare department aka what used to be called social services and see if they offer any help. Next call the clinic that does the program and see if they offer any help. They may have a social worker on staff who can help you find a way to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment